80+ Best Ways to Slide Into Your Crush’s Instagram DMs

Trying to DM your crush but not sure what to say? Don’t worry—you’re not alone! Sending that first message can feel awkward, but the right line can make everything much easier. Below, you’ll find a huge list of smooth, funny, flirty, and clever DM starters you can use to confidently message someone on Instagram.
 

⭐ Best DM Openers to Make a Great First Impression

  • I have a feeling we’d get along a little too well. Wanna test my theory?
  • What’s the right way to slide into your DMs? Asking for myself.
  • I was going to act cool, but life’s short… so hi!
  • Your recent post caught my eye—was that place as good as it looks?
  • You always share the best music. What’s your Spotify link?
  • That recipe/story/photo looked amazing. What’s the secret behind it?
  • I’m visiting your city soon—what should I not miss?
 

✨ Smooth Lines to Start a Natural Conversation

The easiest way to slide into someone’s DMs is by responding to their story with a question. It shows interest without being awkward.

  • That guitar riff was insane. What guitar do you use?
  • Your pet is adorable! How long have you had them?
  • I saw you traveled recently—what resort/place did you stay at?
  • Is that the viral chocolate everyone’s talking about? Worth it?
  • We have so many mutuals. Have we met before?
  • You seem to travel a lot. Where’s your next destination?
  • Your photos always look aesthetic. What camera do you use?
  • That looked terrifying and awesome at the same time. Were you scared?
  • Your room decor is top-tier. Where did you get that tapestry?
  • Your hiking views are always stunning. What trail do you recommend?
  • You post amazing music. Got a playlist I should check out?
  • I’m visiting your area next week—what should I definitely try?
  • Your latte art is perfect. How do you make it so foamy?
  • Congrats on the big achievement! Drinks on me if you celebrate soon.
  • That place looks unreal. Is it nearby or are you traveling?
  • That shake looked delicious. Mind sharing the recipe?
  • Bungee jumping has been on my bucket list. How was it?
  • You seem like a book lover—any thriller recommendations?
  • That concert looked wild. How did you get tickets?
  • I watched that movie too! What did you think of the twist?
 

😂 Funny & Playful DM Lines

If you want to make them laugh, try one of these lighthearted openers:

  • You seem cool… what’s the catch?
  • Do you like raisins? How about a date?
  • What lie should we tell about how we met?
  • I was today years old when I realized I should DM you.
  • I could’ve double-tapped…but you seemed worthy of more effort.
  • Tell me a fun fact—or your worst pick-up line. Your choice.
 

🔥 Flirty Lines for When You Want to Shoot Your Shot

  • Not here to waste time—drinks or dinner?
  • I think we’d make a great duo. Agree or disagree?
  • You seem like someone who’s fun to flirt with.
  • I feel like you’re going to be my favorite notification.
  • Do we exchange numbers now or keep pretending to talk about random things?
 

🧠 Clever & Chill DM Starters

  • You seem like someone I’d regret not saying hi to… so hi.
  • Your aesthetic is unmatched. Are you secretly an influencer?
  • Your posts always brighten my feed—just wanted to say that.
  • I was going to comment, but a DM felt more personal.
  • Your travel photos are elite. How do you find these spots?
 

🎨 Creative & Unique DM Openers

  • What’s your most controversial but harmless opinion?
  • If you had to give a TED talk right now, what would it be on?
  • Pick a fictional universe for us to visit—where are we going?
  • If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
  • If we were in a heist movie, what would your role be?
 

🧀 Cute & Cheesy DM Lines

  • If being cute was a crime, you’d be on the most-wanted list.
  • Are you a keyboard? Because you're my type.
  • Are you a time traveler? Because I see you in my future.
  • Was your dad a boxer? Because you’re a total knockout.
  • When I text you goodnight, which number should I use?
 

💡 Tips for Sending the Perfect DM

  1. Make your profile look clean and attractive. A clear photo and posts that show your personality help a lot.
  2. Follow them first. Your message might otherwise go to “Requests.”
  3. Reply to their story. It’s the smoothest and easiest way to start talking.
  4. Ask a question. It increases the chances of getting a reply.
  5. Give genuine compliments. Focus on style, talent, or interests—not physical appearance.
  6. Keep it simple and respectful. No creepy or over-the-top messages.

 

Whether you want to be smooth, funny, flirty, or creative, these DM lines can help you confidently take the first step. Just be yourself, stay respectful, and let the conversation flow naturally!

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post